Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The inside story

Following on from his account of his move to Newcastle and life under Jim Smith and Ossie Ardiles, former Toon striker Andy Hunt recalls his less than happy relationship with Kevin Keegan.

I must confess that I can't remember Hunt having been a fixture in the side only to be frozen out by Keegan, but that's the way it happened. Hunt offers a refreshingly different and personal perspective on Keegan's reign, one which (certainly in these dark days) most Toon fans look back on as our most recent halcyon days.

To his credit, despite having seen his Toon career go down the pan, Hunt is never bitter, only disappointed that things didn't work out differently:

"I admire him for his achievements and his will to win. I also cannot argue with the job he did at NUFC by saving them from relegation and then going on to becoming one of the leading teams in the Premiership, with an outstanding side full of flair and exciting forward play. I just wish he would have given me a more even shot at playing for the side and allowed me to contribute to the team".

West Brom and Charlton fans: there'll be material of interest to you coming soon...
Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home