Thursday, April 08, 2010

Quote of the day

"The promotion is great news. I'm delighted for the team, delighted. I went on Monday and watched them get promotion. It took me back to Grimsby, when we won promotion there. It was a great moment.

Monday night took away some of the hardship I've felt since I was told about the cancer. It gave me a lift because I'm just a Newcastle fan at heart. It gave me a huge lift after having a tough time. I want to be around to see them back in the Premier League now.
"

Former Newcastle chairman Sir John Hall, who is suffering from terminal cancer and for whom promotion back to the division he first took us to has come as a timely tonic. Very best wishes to him for the fight ahead from both of us at Black & White & Read All Over.

Meanwhile, in amongst the inevitable expectation-dampening, Chris Hughton has revealed that a chuffed Wor Al phoned to congratulate him and the team, and a telling use of the first person plural pronoun indicated where born-and-bred Londoner Rob Lee's allegiances continue to lie: "Most of the players in the current team were in the side that got us relegated, so all credit to them because they've knuckled down".
Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home