Sunday, December 26, 2010

Quote of the day

"It was a complete surprise and there were lots of emotions. It is not a nice thing to happen to anybody, but particularly at a time when it wasn't expected. But that is part of the game and the reasons why they terminated the contract are their reasons. I have been asked on numerous occasions for my own opinion why and the reality is I can't say too much. It was a very quick conversation that the club wanted to go in a different direction.

I don't think you can afford to be bitter. It's a wonderful club and I had a fantastic time there over three years. These decisions are made, whether they are right or wrong, and they are made above your head and there is nothing you can do about it. There is no point in dwelling on it too long. What you need to do is look forward. I've had a career in the game and it is a career I want to continue.
"

Chris Hughton reflects on his ousting from the St James' Park hot seat. Dignified as always, even unnaturally so - who could blame him for feeling bitterness towards Jabba and Llambiarse? That said, the comment "I can't say too much" suggests Jabba's imposed a gag on him as part of his severance package - presumably because if he was to speak out it might be damaging to the stability of the club. Unlike the sacking itself, of course...

Labels:

Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home