Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Quote of the day

"Every time it's mentioned it baffles me. I've seen what Trapttoni's been saying in the papers about work rate but he only needs to ring up Newcastle and ask for my stats, it's as simple as that.

The Prozone will tell you that I'm doing nearly 10km a day. I don't what it is. Obviously, if he's saying I need to work harder then I need to work harder. He's a man to learn off, he's got the experience and he knows what he wants.

It's the best time of my career so it's not a matter of disappointment. It just made me sit back and think - what's going on here?
"

Leon O'Best on once again being omitted from Giovanni Trapattoni's Republic of Ireland squad. Fair comment - he's not the only one who's baffled...

That said, O'Best's going through a bit of a lean spell at the moment - about time he gave Demba Ba some competition in the goalscoring stakes and prodded in another rebound from two yards.

Labels:

Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home