Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Filling the shirt

"When I took that number I admit I was a little bit scared, it was a big number, and there was such a big expectation with it but at the same time I thought ‘Well, why shouldn’t I wear this shirt and show everyone what I can do?' "

Papiss Cisse, talking to the Telegraph recently through French interpreter Lauren (which begs the question what has happened to Olivier Bernard?) sheds some light on his background, his love for the Peugeot 206 and his approach to goalscoring.

He also mentions he recently watched a certain football film, and the parallels with Santiago Munez aren't lost on him either - hopefully, like Munez, his goals will fire us into the Champions League. Hopefully we won't then flog him on to Real Madrid in the summer.

Labels:

Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home