Saturday, October 13, 2012

Quote of the day

"I am bitterly disappointed not to play. I am trying to fit into the direct style of play the manager wants. I pass too much at the moment, which is my biggest asset. I understand what the manager wants but stopping habits like going and getting the ball from the back four is difficult."

One you may have missed (we did): Danny Guthrie's Twitter outburst after being somewhat surprisingly omitted from Reading's starting XI against us. We would have been happy to keep the midfielder, but he decided to pursue more regular first-team football elsewhere - perhaps it's dawning on him that the grass isn't greener.

In fairness to Brian McDermott, he's not alone in his assessment of Guthrie. Responding to my recent piece for The Two Unfortunates reflecting on Reading (amongst others), Royals supporter and TTU proprietor Lanterne Rouge opined: "Guthrie might be a poor man’s Gerrard in his over reliance on the Hollywood pass".

Labels: , , ,

Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home